Thread: Licensed Onegai Twins
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-08, 12:08   Link #78
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeiFongWong
Actually I'm one of those people who liked Twins beter then teacher, most likely because I saw Twins first then got Teacher after I saw it. So i wasn't really too attatched to Kei and Mizuho.
I think I agree with you. I actually felt a lot more attached and could relate more to the plight of Maiku, Miina, and Karen, more than the struggles of Kei and Mizuiho. People accuse Twins of having too much "we might be related, we might not be related", but in the same way Teacher had a lot of "we can stay together, we can't stay together". The relationship in Teacher just seemed less "human" to me, despite the fact it's sort of a pun in context. That being said, Teacher is a great show, I just think that I personally liked Twins a bit better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeiFongWong
Can't wait for the OVA hehe. Btw is there any difference in the TV and DVD verisons on animesuki besides quality. Anime Fin puts out a DVD verison, but most the time there are no seeds. And the qual on my Anime-Keep one is fine.
The video and audio on the DVD version is higher quality (obviously), but there are a few occasional problems with the subtitles. I've been downloading it anyways (mostly because Onegai Twins is one of my all-time favorites), but it's not as if the quality of the original fansubs were bad. (I originally downloaded the AonE/Inf version, and it's quite good.)

Also,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguenoir
Probabilistically, Mina's twin is Maiku (hence, they're triplets) considering all these "coincidences" stacked on top of each other: the three all have blue eyes; they are all looking for their long lost twin after being abandoned as a child; they all have the same childhood photo; they all recognize the same house in their childhood memories.
I suppose it's possible this will get revealed in the OVA, but I would be pretty surprised. Karen seemed pretty convinced of what her mom's diary said. As explained in the show, they all lived together as children (they were neighbours), which explains most of the coincidences. As I said, though, the OVA may change things.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote