View Single Post
Old 2008-11-14, 19:58   Link #1259
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Well I have seen on gamefaqs how people still bitch about him so... But really yes Luke is likely the biggest asshat in the series right now but looking at it from his point of view he is basically constantly the ignorant one that needed things explained because his education was lacking and some people berate him for it. He is a spoiled brat for a reason.
Was his education just lacking or was he simply unwilling to learn? I mean if the Natalia flashback was any indication attempts to rebuild his knowledge base were attempted. But as we saw from the start of the series he seemed far more interested in sword lessons than anything educational. Though can't really predict his whole situation just from that. Have to wonder why his parents didn't put more into forcing him to learn. Know he lost pretty much all his memories, but would have expected him to know more than he does. Though fact is that his purpose on some level is an excuse to explain things to the viewers/players.

There is only so much slack I personally feel like cutting him. Unless he wanted to learn a lot of things and no one wanted to help him. The environment he had after the memory loss is important. But can't just give Luke no responsibility for ending up with the attitude and personality he currently has.