View Single Post
Old 2009-08-28, 14:55   Link #125
Kazuki_Kun

I also have to comment on the animation. It's really sub-standard. I think the only scene they even TRIED to animate well was with Dark Kanon, even then, the aniamtion only managed to pick up near the end of the scene. Shannon's jump also looked very strange as mentioned, maybe Battler should try explaining what trick Shannon used to do such a super jump ;P

Some of the proportions make it really hard to watch at times for me. Seriously, how low is the budget? you'd think with the popularity (well, Umineko seems popular from what i can see) they would give it a bigger budget. I just find the animation to be so.. bland. Only a slight step up from Higurashi season 1. Who knows, maybe they're saving the budget for some of the epic scenes that occur later. Higu Kai's wasn't really noticible because it had nice character designs.. but Umineko, just ergh. Seriously, DEEN, If you can't do the animation justice, hand it over to a more capable animation studio =/ Some of the worst animation I've seen this season!

Apart from that though, the episode itself was pretty good.

/Rant over

Last edited by Kazuki_Kun; 2009-08-28 at 15:06.