Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-11, 15:11   Link #1817
Splitpersonality
Amateur Psychomocologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I wonder how long this could be said. IIRC, one of the two persons who did the study that I was talking about said (for the best or the worse, depending on your pov on this matter) in a debate that more and more women act (have the same sexual behaviors as) like men (she did give me the feeling to be pleased by that. Personal comment: I don't see that as fabulous)

Well it seems as if he's coming from a biological/evolutionary psychology area, in which everything he said has made sense.

Culturally however there has been a very widespread, sort of, frankness about sex and sexual relationships in this century and earlier. Though our biological imperatives might tell us one thing, yes there are men looking for monogamy and can "fight their urges" for other women and there are certainly women who can ignore their child-bearing imperatives in favor of having open sex with more than one man.

It's an interesting juxtaposition, the one between the different psychological branches of thought. IIRC the neuro-biological and genetic side doesn't really leave much room for "the human side" of psychology, but maybe that's just how I've seen it.
Splitpersonality is offline   Reply With Quote