View Single Post
Old 2011-09-13, 20:05   Link #82
Eater of All
NOM

Damn it I'm going to miss Steins;Gate, especially Kurisu and that mad scientist dude. ;_; Okarin is probably the most colorful and interesting protagonist of the past year. Miyano Mamoru seriously did an awesome job giving life to such a crazy character (the whole voice cast of S;G is great in fact).

Final score: 9.2/10. I wouldn't want to be in a worldline where I didn't watch this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
My only complaint about the last two episodes is that they screwed up the time traveling mechanics, which had been almost flawless until now. The concept of world lines was perfect, but then they threw in a causal loop into the mix, which actually worked fine until what happened in this episode destroyed it. What happened to the other Okabe in the past, the one who stabbed Kurisu (an event which we were told last week had to happen in order for the time machine to be created)? Okabe's previous trip to the past with Suzuha was mysteriously erased from existence. Okabe not stabbing Kurisu means no time machine, thus no time traveling. They can't just introduce the concept of causal loop to just throw it out of the window the next episode. Geh, time travel is always such a headache...
Though yeah, ^this is the only complaint I have for this ep. If the time machine really employs a 1-timeline method of travel (as I've been led to believe), why were the earlier pair of Okarin/Suzuha not there? If the time machine travels to different wordlines by default, what's the point of needing to fail once then, if it's not to satisfy the condition that Okarin was the one who killed Kurisu?

I guess I'll have to go with the explanation that everything goes to shit the moment Okarin swapped out the metal oopa (which should logically be the point where the timeline switched to S;G).