View Single Post
Old 2013-10-10, 11:12   Link #77
Undertaker

I don't know, personally I thing the fight was handle in a way that is still ambiguous. I thought the fight could have being worse given the summery before.

As it is, Sanji was no more getting owned as Luffy was against Croc in their first fight and we all knew how that turned out.

The fight was put in such a way that Dofla definitely also enjoyed an advantage by having his power being hidden before and surprise attack. I agree with MarvelB and others that the very fact Dofla used a named attack and acknowledge Sanji's attack says a lot. Not to mention we still have yet to see Sanji use CoA which could allow him to escape even if Law didn't interfere.

And getting caught by Dofla's string wasn't any indicator either, did people just forget that Jozu, arguably one of WB's very best and all indicator showing he was only behind Marco and maybe Ace in term of strength and was able to hold his own against Mihawk and Aoikiji (of all people) also got caught in Dofla's string? Not to mention Dofla had Moria at point blank range and yet Moria still able to escape.

One thing about OP is that detail matters, it's those detail that make Oda's work for most part logical. Not saying Dolaf isn't stronger than Sanji, but this battle also shows very little as to actual gap between them.

Anyway,

I do find Sanji's crew heading over to Zou also pretty interesting. This would be first time since Baratie where the crew have two separated objective in different locations.

And I really interested in what's going on between Law and Dofla since it's obvious now Law was using Youku as bait to allied with Luffy so he can take down Smile Factory and in turn Dofla. That said, I doubt Law will died, his death doesn't serve much in the story and will actually be problematic considering his crew is still around.

The question is does Law buy enough time or might even beats Dofla now with Fujitora heading toward colosseum or Luffy and co finish things off in time and somehow able to save Law.

But either way this sort of mess up the potential matchups.

It seem now the matchup become something like:

Dofla v.s. Law
Fujitora v.s. Luffy

where Zoro most likely taking care one of the three, the question is who will take care the other two stooges now? Chinjoa, Cavandish, or Bartolomeo? Not to mention there is still Burgess to consider.