View Single Post
Old 2012-02-19, 03:42   Link #164
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I've been playing Kinjo's excellent "When the Seacats Cry" fan games, and just started on Inquisition of the Golden Witch. But I've run into something which has surprised me. At the start of the interactive portion of the game with deciding where to go first after washing up on the island, for the lulz I deliberately took a really stupid path for the first two or three decisions to see what happened. Knowing that there's an autosave option without the normal save style and that it's a "no going back!" set up (which is a fun idea), I thought "Right, I'll start playing for real now. But I want to start again from the beginning. It's a drag to lose my game save slots, but I suppose the only way is to reinstall the game."

So, according to the instructions which say that to uninstall the game you just delete the folder, I did that, and unzipped the game again. But everything was still there, just the way I left it! The fan eps I'd unlocked were just as before, the game save slots were there, everything.

That means it never did uninstall properly, and there must be files still left somewhere else even after deleting the game folder. I'm curious about this now: does anyone have an idea what I can do to find out where the data is being kept?
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote