Thread: Licensed Paradise Kiss
View Single Post
Old 2005-12-25, 21:07   Link #27
EricMontreal22

I thought Nana was set for April? is it now later this year? ah well-I can't wait--i think I like Nana even more than ParaKiss. I heard it would be ina late night slot so will it be in the noitamina block that ParaKiss and before it Honey and Clover will be in? And will anything directly replace ParaKiss in that slot in Jan?

Ya I'm glad Yazawa is gettign so big. But she is special IMHO--i'm a bit tired of most "school girl" manga/anime yet Gokinjo and even Tenshi her first big hit both are somehow refreshing. While not as "mature" as paraKiss Nana becuase they're aimed at the Ribon younger crowd they still have a depth or something to them that I think is missing from many similar Ribon manga (even compared to Marmalade Kiss from the same period, which I enjoyed a lot, Gokinjo is more advanced I think).

It's nice that the major voice actors for Mikako and th eothers in Gokinjo returned to cameo for the voice roles of the same characters in ParaKiss

Ya gokinjo's anime is very fairhful to themanga character designs (to be fair I think Yazawa's style has changed slightly so that the characters aren't quite as lanky--she was at her most extreme for Gokinjo). When the Xmas rush is gone I can maybe work something out with you for my fansub fo the movie (and Tenshi oav), if you still need it or I can try to create and hsot my first torrent or something. *thinks* but the show deserves to be picked up--I guess it's just about someone paying the money for the box set.

I'd also liek to see a subtitled version fo the live action film based on her excellent supernatural manga Last QUarter that was a hit in Japan last year.

E
EricMontreal22 is offline   Reply With Quote