View Single Post
Old 2006-09-30, 15:05   Link #36
Lumir

Lol next gen is worth it all.

I personally a dedicated sony and nintendo fan will first get a ps3. Since im more of a adult gamer i just see the ps3 as a more "adult" gaming system. Ill let my sister or friend get the Wii.

If you all havent seen some of the media on GameTrailers.com i suggest you go and check it out. I distincly recall hearing the possibility of ps3 owners being able to submit ideas to game companies around the globe! Wholly crap! To me thats just amazing!

Also a statement from sony themselves... They will have some games that charge a monthly fee for online play, but this will be dictated by the server usage the game requires. From the way the sony rep was talking it seems to me there main goal is to keep most online game play free.

Did you all see the ps3 web browser? It lets you manage multiple web pages, much like fire fox, and with the option to plug in a usb keyboard its like you have a brand new comp and game system all in one! The ps3 even boasts a buddy system and web cams and all those kind of goodies...

If not for games get a ps3 for usage as a new computer, if your looking to upgrade your current comp. With blue-ray, wifi, and all the other goodies the way i see it for 600 USD you are getting a new comp and game system with some of the latest technology for DIRT CHEAP!

It was also annonced that the sony online service for the ps3 will be free, the charges will come from updates to games/the ps3 itself (much like the psp), downloadable games (such as ps1 and ps2 titles), music and what not, other things as well.

Now not to upset anyone but, when you think about it, wait till the free-lance coders around the globe get there hands on the ps3... can you say... "For the Free" xD

Yea yea i know i know, i sound like a sony fan boy but hey, all that i have stated is fact, and it can all be confirmed at the site listed above. The future looks bright, and IMO if anything takes the lead out of the current technology it will be blue ray due to its imense amount of space for data and what not.

And finally let me make it clear as someone has also, we cannot predict the future as we dont know what lies ahead... heck someone could be making something right now that will change the world forever, making sony/microsoft/nintendo look like 30yr old technology, who knows?