View Single Post
Old 2007-06-29, 09:44   Link #37
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by retardation View Post
1. eremanter gerade - seems like people bring this series up here.
I see this title come up a lot in recomendations threads, and can never understand why. I thought that even for a shounen fighting series, it's was at best only average.

Quote:
2. noein - did i ask about this before? somebody told me to watch this. i know nothing about it. pretty much the same shounen issues apply with this.
I've only seen the first couple episodes that the Scifi channel has shown, but it looks like it's got a lot more depth and a more interesting story that a "typical" shounen anime.

Quote:
6. pani poni dash - i'm looking for something fun for real but i dunno if i share the same tastes as a lot of you guys.
I think there are a lot of genuinly funny bits in here, but there are also a lot of hard-core otaku in-jokes that even with the subbers side notes I didn't really "get". I also had to watch this one with my finger on the pause button, as I had to keep stopping it to read those notes in an attempt to understand what some bizzare shot was referencing. In comparision, I found Azmanga much more accessable and enjoyable, but if it does not bother you that you will not understand about half the joke, it's probably worth watching.

Sorry, I have not seen the other titles you mentioned.