View Single Post
Old 2009-11-01, 21:39   Link #4235
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd agree on 3.3 release being this year. 4.0 bing sometime mid-year makes some sense. Though I don't know if you can call anyplace a starting zone at that point...since everything is changing. Most of it before the expansion. Brings up some interesting issues with some of the new places that you could in theory fly over in the expansion. Maybe they'll be instanced off? Or more likely they'll be instanced/you can't fly in the old world until either the expansion comes out, or some random level or purchase that won't happen until the expansion is installed in your computer (they have your money).

The TBC starting zones are suppose to still be instanced off from what I understand...though I'm trying to figure out how that is suppose to work...from the Eastern Plaguelands to the Ghostlands and eventually Silvermoon and the Sunwell beyond. The Exodor I can see still working if they keep it off the map...boat only access...but Silvermoon is on the continent....(Unless of course...there is a flood that cuts it off).

Maybe they'll make TBC starting areas a remade instanced zone (the level 1-5 areas) like they did with the Death Knights, and seem to be doing with the Goblins and Worgan. Maybe all starting zones will be instanced like that. Therefore anyone can go to the TBC zones on Azeroth, but you can't be a Blood Elf or Druanei without it. (of course you can go the the Death Knight starting zone without the expansion...just there is nothing there now).

Or course, if you have flying...you have TBC already....since you can't buy flying skill anywhere in the Old World (that I'm aware of anyway). And I don't think you can have just TWOLK expansion without TBC expansion....just like I doubt you could skip from Vanilla to CATA in one go without 2.0 or 3.0 expansions.

So many random over thinking it problems.