View Single Post
Old 2011-11-18, 03:12   Link #2405
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm not going to dump all over this show, because I do find it sort of enjoyable and I don't discount the importance of a series looking as great as this one does. But it's definitely held back by a lack of anything really original. If I was to use one word to describe the situations and characters, it would be "generic". It's like the beer that showed up in supermarkets in the 90's that just said "BEER" in black letters on an otherwise blank white can.

The result of all that is that I feel as if I'm watching a rerun, even when I'm watching a new episode. The show always does what you expect it to do and goes where you expect it to go. There's a comfortable familiarity to that, especially when it's competently executed, as this series is. But it also makes it impossible for me to feel anything for the characters or care too deeply about what happens to them. We don't really get any reason to feel or care, because the characters just react emotionally to whatever's happening - we never get any real background on who they are or how they got that way.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2011-11-18 at 03:22.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote