View Single Post
Old 2012-02-19, 16:21   Link #57
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i never understood the character and i probably never will.
From my understanding, he is a ninja seeking justice, and going about it the wrong way :/
Nagato's story has shown us that ninjas in the current system have been on this back and forth vengeance cycle for over a hundred years. Sasuke is nothing new, unique, or special in that regard. If you can understand Nagato, or any of the other ninjas waging war or vendettas, Sasuke's character really shouldn't pose a problem.

Quote:
the problem with his character is he's so easily manipulated despite his supposed intelligence. for a seemingly intelligent character he's remarkably dumb.
Except the circumstances aren't that simple. All his life, people around him have been lying to him, about events which he has no way of knowing, except from the very sources giving him that false information. His circumstances are actually similar to mind control/conditioning methods where a young child is exposed to some kind of traumatic event and is conditioned to think/act the way the handler desires them to.

Quote:
he is the type of person who only looks to blame someone else every time something goes ill for him, even when the fault was his to begin with. he blames everyone except himself.
What was he responsible for that he placed blame on others?

Quote:
for years he blamed itachi for his clan's demise, but not once did he try to understand what really happened. for an intelligent young man, he should have at least tried to do so.
Its pretty difficult to understand what really happened if everyone is lying :/
When he confronted Itachi, he actually questioned him about various details, and was still lied to with some truth mixed in, making things even more confusing. Even if he questioned the elders and Danzou during that time, they would have still lied to him as well.

Quote:
the flashbacks of his confrontation with itachi that night showed that he saw his brother cry as he walked away from the carnage. deep down he knew his brother was not the mad killer he made everyone believe. itachi was probably the only one in his family who gave a damn about him and yet he took everything at face value.
I don't know how you presume to know what he felt deep down, however he didn't take everything at face value. (e.g. he even questioned Danzou, asking him if he was indeed involved with the killings before attacking him)

Quote:
when he was younger i would have understood this, but by the time he sealed oro he was no longer thinking like a child, he was a young man who should have thought about things more clearly. but i guess sasuke's character is simply that of an angsty kid who hates the world. people like that could see no reason, redemption or forgiveness. they are only obsessed about one thing, their anger.
The ninja system is probably mostly to blame, considering all the secrets, lies, and collusions going on, we should expect some of these kids to come out like this. Nagato had similar circumstances, worse in-fact, but the many years of horrible experiences and social conditioning were somehow put aside after listening to a speech. Now thats something I find strange, not Sasuke's character, imho.

Last edited by Midnight Commander; 2012-02-19 at 16:49.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote