Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-23, 12:21   Link #419
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
True, but this once again means the Churchill becomes the centerpoint of the British team - the 6-pounder can punch through, what? Somewhere around 110mm of steel, with the Matildas on equal footing (1:1) with the Lee, StuG and Panzer IVD (That is, both can kill each other, it depends on who gets the first shot), with the StuG having the upper hand against the Tillys.

Once again, I'd try to put the Church out of action, at which point it becomes a fairer fight (the Type 89 might get a few shots in, but I don't think it would contribute too much). Remember to shoot the turret on the Churchill, Team Oorai!
This Churchill is a Mark VII, so it has a 75mm gun, but your point stands. However, I can't agree with the Matildas. The StuG III is a lot better than they are, but both the Pz. IV and the M3 are at a significant disadvantage. The Pz. IV is inaccurate at long range while it's vulnerable to the 2-pounder from 1500m out. The M3 technically is a match, but it will almost always get fired on first because of its much higher profile. Moreover, the 75mm gun is hull-mounted, so it'll have to expose even more of target profile before getting a chance to fire.

Still, the idea of taking out the Churchill first is a good one since nothing else can do much against the StuG III - image trying to outflank it with a bunch of Matilda IIs! However, taking it out is going to be a real since it has more armor than a Tiger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
They could have blasted the bridge, seeing how the tank is stuck there. Restriction on property damage?
There's probably a rule against killing people as well. The fall's one thing, but drowning in a tank is a real danger; especially with an amateur crew.