View Single Post
Old 2007-06-15, 14:18   Link #22
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by retardation View Post
yeah that worked out pretty well last time. you may see a few more of these types of threads out of me.

1. busou renkin

reading the short description for this series and looking at the poster, it looks something like bleach and fma but i dunno. i do like a good action series but i am going to be fairly turned off if it's just a regular high school action type affair. like i'd only want to look at if it's really good or there's something that sets it apart. every day japanese high school student and gets mysterious powers and fights some monsters type stories... i've had enough of them... well unless it's ultraviolent with blood and gore everywhere. if that's the case then sign me up.
It indeed has a Bleach-like feeling to it, and it is a somewhat "regular high school super power bit". That said, the series ended up quite enjoyable, and i would definitely rank it above Bleach. The story is quite good, and the romance part is satisfying and actually goes somewhere. While nothing spectacular, it is a pretty decent shounen piece.

Quote:
2. kanon 2006

this seems rather popular on this board. i saw one episode of the original kanon only. i thought it was gonna be a cousin/cousin thing so i tried to drop it but someone informed me that that's not the case. anyway, i feel like i ought to watch this just because everyone has seen it. i did see air and thought it was just ok.
It is popular, and i would say for a very good reason. For the cousin/cousin thing (spoilers ahead)
Spoiler:

... not like there is anything wrong with it in the first place That aside- the story is good and solid, the artwork is beautiful and we have a decent male lead. You should definitely check this out - it is not a title to miss.

Quote:
4. tsubasa chronicle

well i do like fantasy. i like it more if the characters are actually well developed. i've seen two other clamp series, angelic layer and xxxholic. i loved xxxholic and thought angelic layer was kinda weak (though i do find that main character to be adorable). i actually have this series too but i haven't been motivated to watch it since it's so long and stuff.
It is a decent show, but nothing beyond that. The second season is pretty much a failure near the end, and the story is not concluded by any stretch of imagination, and loads of questions are left unanswered. The music is quite excellent though. Consists of episodic stories, each story lasting ~ 3 episodes. (But they are different enough to be interesting). Worth a watch, but don't be in a rush - there is better stuff out there.

If you want a good fantasy/adventure/romance, i would say go for Erementar Gerad - good set of characters, interesting storyline and a good closure. Ranks quite highly on my list.

Haven't seen the rest.