View Single Post
Old 2013-08-24, 18:04   Link #654
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 29. For Mana's Sake! Sharuru's Big Transformation!

My apologies for the double posting, but since this week no episode was broadcasted hardly anyone posted in the thread.

On Topic
This episode features Sharl's and the others transformations into human forms after Sharl, herself, wanted and wished to help Mana in anyway possible. Hence, she asked Davie to teach them all.

Now, when Sharl, Raquel, and Lance messed up in their first attempt to transform into humans and ended up transforming into random objects I was greatly reminded of the Fairly OddParents.

I really can't understand why fairies in each and every PreCure season and subsequent seasons to follow are neither versatile nor possess the ability to transform into anything except into humans. Of course, that last statement is also a bit inaccurate because the only fairy partners capable of human transformation happened in:
1. Yes! Pretty Cure 5 and its following sequel, GoGo.
2. And, possibly, Suite PreCure and Smile PreCure, although the second example of the list might be an exception rather than either an event or example to the rule.

My point is that faires being adept or learning adaptability to transform into anything would enable them to better camouflage themselves and keep even closer company towards their PreCure partners everywhere at school or anyplace.

My guess is that due to strict formulas and all the merchandising and hype associated with cute mascot characters in Japan:
- Fairies are supposed to be that very cute and to remain in Fairy form for other purposes like detecting evil pressence, becoming transforming items for their PreCure partners, and so on.
- Transforming into humans has been enabled in certain seasons, and it allows them to become closer with their partners.

I think the writers should be relaxed with all the stuff about the formulas and merchandising and hype, but I guess they cannot step out from established conventions.

Anyways, I found this episode's Jikochuu was put with some thought and strategy, possessing two separate faces: If one face receives the purification finisher, then the other face takes over and continues the fighting while the damaged face rests in order to recover, thus repeating the cycle and dragging the battle. No wonder that Jikochuu was created in order to exhaust Cure Ace's transformation time.

Lastly, the conclusion to the episode ends with a semi-serialization of sorts to unfold the mystery events about to occur in the thirtieth episode due on next week.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote