View Single Post
Old 2009-04-04, 22:43   Link #2047
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubZ
also it would be way more convenient if we had one machine to run our ps1, ps2 and ps3 software... i think that's that everyone ultimately wants... everything wrapped up in a neat little package
Well, that already exists as you probably know.

The 20, 60 GB and—to some extent—the old 80 GB PS3 models are able to do all of what you mentioned. It was certainly a risk, buying a 60 GB back then despite its high price, but I feel that it was all worth it in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz
See i would consider buying a ps2 for 99 dollars IF it was region free and allowed me to play my god damn imports, but this is not the case, which again baffles the shit out of me.
I once bought a JP PS2 in Japan, and when I returned home for a while, I had a mod chip installed so it could play US games as well. It's one of the advantages of coming from a country where piracy is quite rampant, but on the other hand it's also risky for the machine itself. To this day it still works, and I mainly used it for JP PS2 games only.

My old, fat, region 1 workhorse feels like it's about to give up its ghost one of these days, but she's still alive and well.

As for my 60 GB PS3, I can't help but feel that it has increased in value somewhat from my point of view.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote