View Single Post
Old 2011-06-20, 21:03   Link #23
judasmartel
*Author

Hey, is it me or is it the couple at 7:35 the ones we saw in Episode 8 with the ToAru reference? Only that the male isn't wearing the ToAru High's uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Not sure how this was better than the manga, but it certainly wasn't worse. Although I kind of missed the line that Keima had also planned for Ayumi and Chihiro to support Elsie.

As for the resolution, I think it's always important to remember that Keima has feelings too. While he is basically lying to all these girls to get their attention, in the end he goes after the ending he thinks is best. And when it comes to ideals it's pretty obvious that he would have strong feelings on the matter. He could've told Jun to hold back for the sake of others, but do you seriously think Keima of all people would ever recommend that to anyone? Of course he'd tell her to go all out for her ideals and ignore what other people say. That's how he became a god, after all.

If you go back to the other arcs you can see that this is a pretty common theme. He says basically the same thing to Chihiro, and has a similar idea behind his speeches to Kanon, Shiori and martial arts girl who I forget the name of. The moral of the series in general is to stop paying attention to what other people think and to be yourself as best you can. Self-confidence comes from the self, and all that. And that's certainly the one thing that Keima strives for.
Kusunoki Kasuga.

Now the first part of the episode is the stuff we wanna see in this arc! Keima scored an instant date with that one! With LC's help, of course.
I actually thought LC failed in that fake ticket, but it turned out to be a nice "event trigger" score for Keima.

No wonder he's called the "Capturing God" for a reason. Now, he can see the ending! First time I heard that from him for a long time!

EDIT: That was the best capturing strategy I have ever seen from Keima.
I have said in the earlier topics that teacher types are one of the easiest women to capture, at least in VNs.
It's just that most people shy away from teacher types because:

1. They think that a student-teacher relationship is impossible, and
2. Teacher types are often the most time-consuming to capture, as the student needs to establish himself as her equal. In extreme cases, that could take forever.

More often than not, teachers have a huge gap from their students, and that increases with the age gap involved.
For example, a middle school teacher has a larger age gap from her students than say, college teachers.

Actually, establishing oneself as an equal to another is pretty much as simple as normal socialization by humans.
You may simply want to know a person's interests, dislikes, and overall personality. And then get around them.
Just don't let the huge student-teacher gap get you down.
After all, she's no longer your teacher outside the school grounds.

We have to admit that Keima was at first willing to try the usual teacher path, which would take a lot of time.
Now, the loose soul has entered Jun and she was going aggressive on Keima, and that screwed him up.
So he tried to settle with quick fixes (drive her nuts to the max, getting Nikaido to help), which frankly, are just wrong routes to go.
When these quick fixes failed, he decided to use the right route, but not before getting a clue from the faculty room:
Jun was once the captain of Maijima's basketball team which led the school to a national championship.
But a lot of players quit from the team because she forced her ideals on them.

Now the problem lies with the time constraint, as they have the loose soul to deal with.
Keima comes up with a fast way to establish himself as Jun's equal:the wrestling match event.
And instantly,Keima scored 10,000 attraction points from Jun! But not after Jun ran away in disappointment once again.

Then at school, Keima came up with an amazing event trigger which involved LC and the entire class!
And how I love Keima's speech about ideals! The real world lacks ideals, after all.
And it's a teacher's job to instill her students the ideals that the world lacks, making it a better place to live in.
And then, of course, the usual kiss to the lips to kick the loose soul off Jun! Only that LC completely forgot about it until the last minute!

If I am to rate his capture strategies from the first season up to this point, I would give his strategy for Jun a perfect 10!
A perfect strategy flawlessly executed! That's the Capturing God for you! He makes capturing women a lot easier than we think.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2011-06-20 at 21:48.