View Single Post
Old 2011-11-21, 05:56   Link #17
Undertaker

Well, that's mainly because Ghibli film are all huge budgeted film and it's releases are always an event in Asia, therefore they can afford to have actors/actresses do voice-over and it's really not too surprising. I mean as big as seiyuu industry is in Japan they still have less draw power than actual actors/actresses. I mean high budget anime film always features some actors/actresses voices, heck One Piece movies have tons of celebrity voice-overs in its movies. But that's what I'm getting at, I haven't seen this type of voice-over cast + soundtrack team in a game since say Kingdom Heart 1&2 more closely Sakura Taisen series . While as legendary as the voice-over cast in Sakura Taisen Series, it was more of a seiyuu all-star cast and who's who. While as good as Kingdom Heart 1&2, the game is known more for the theme songs by Utada Hikaru. Other big budget games with great voice-over like MGS and FF series are still more seiyuu than celebrities, this is the first time I've seem that many known actor/actress in a game, heck I don't even think I've seem that many of them in usual Ghibli films.

Anyway, I went to a few Japanese and Chinese gaming forum just now. The overwhelming responses were that this is a beast of a game and general consensus is that this is the best JRPG by far in the past decade if not ever.

I also found a Chinese gameplay coverage video that is about 18 minutes long which I'm going to watch it in a bit....