Thread: Otakon
View Single Post
Old 2006-07-18, 22:53   Link #81
aquastar831
AQS-Anime

Send a message via AIM to aquastar831 Send a message via MSN to aquastar831
Quote:
Originally Posted by exedore
Just be aware that you have to take the Amtrak train and not the MARC, as it doesn't run on weekends. It's about 1.5 miles from Penn Station to the BCC, and the easiest way to get there is by foot (walk straight down Charles St. and hang a right) or cab (shouldn't be more than $5-8 and you can split it with your friend). IIRC there's also a bus that will take you down St. Paul, but the weekend bus schedules aren't so hot.
I did the calculations today for using the Amtrak train from Union Station in DC to Baltimore Penn, plus either using the Light Rail or taxi. I think we figured out that even with the parking, it turns out to be slightly cheaper if we just drive and park. Advantage is if we don't want to lug the huge bags around the convention center, we can just toss it in the car.

I won't be able to make it to the fansubbing panel, though I would like to meet some of you guys. Like I said, I'll be around the convention on Sat. mainly going for the merchants' hall and sitting down for industry panels. Hopefully, we'll get some good US licensing news.
aquastar831 is offline   Reply With Quote