View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 17:32   Link #3903
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Well, looking forward to 2014 world cup I guess. I know a lot can happen in 2 years, but which team do you guys think will do well in 2014? I might decide to cheer for Argentina at 2014 just for the lulz (Winning in Brazilian soil XD)
I would put Spain down as favorite. They are already the most successful national side ever with 3 major tournaments in a row, but winning a second World Cup on South American soil would put them on the same level as Pele and Garrincha's 1950s Brazil. That's mythical status and I'm sure that will be a great motivation.

Germany is a close second, they have an incredible talented generation coming in which will reinforce an already very good side.

Brazil on three. A new squad built around the players that survived the post world cup cull (Dani Alves, Ramires, Thiago Silva and Robinho) and some hot young talent like Neymar, Pato, Ganzo. Lot of potential, home advantage but at the moment this selection just doesn't seem good or experienced enough to go all the way.

Outsiders

Italy - The Serie A is the most interesting of the top leagues in Europe at the moment. FFP and a chronic money shortage have made teams more innovative and forced them to consider youth prospects again.

Uruguay - 2011 Copa America winners. Suarez and Cavani will be in their prime.

Portugal - Don't know much about young Portuguese talent, current squad should mostly be intact in 2014.

Might do well

Belgium - Very talented generation in midfield and the back now entering their prime. Could get far or not even qualify depending on coach and confidence issues.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote