Thread: Rwby
View Single Post
Old 2013-12-27, 20:04   Link #1378
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
To be honest, I'd never heard of Monty Oum before this. I'd heard of Rooster Teeth on YouTube but never watched their things and wasn't really sure what they are about, either. I wasn't sure how the anime fandom would perceive the series, as many YouTube comments seemed intent on debating whether the series should be classified as anime or not. (I know, I know... YouTube comments ) I had assumed that the fan art was derived from the anime community, but if this series was largely born in DeviantArt then it makes sense. Thanks for the information.

The "low production quality" doesn't really interfere with my enjoyment of the show, but I harbor a hope that at some point in the future it will receive a "HD remake" with higher-quality environments and character models (more specifically, I suppose it would be the model shaders that needed an upgrade). The voice acting and script-writing occasionally comes off as amateur, but I find that lends to the charm of the show.
The voice acting is pretty spot on for a english "anime." The main problem is the script writing is IMO not bold in it's sub-stories. Main story arc is fine, but it's sub stories are more or less cheap american-style teen drama. Makes the episodes where it appears seem like filler then actual serious episodes.

As for the overall quality, I like the lower budget, since it keeps things "possible" and highly "animated" moments feasible. Maybe a little bit of improvement on the quality, but I'd disagree with anything that would be more then a one time effort. HD remakes can come when the series is actually complete.