View Single Post
Old 2012-04-13, 02:42   Link #28431
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Even the message bottles, I don't think they existed to make us think about anything beside that it was a story. If anything I can say this line of thinking is what led me to think that the culprit doesn't have a real gameboard motive. From a writer's pov, the culprit is more or less nothing but the weapon of the crime (oh how fitting with Shannon/Kanon/piece Beato and the furniture themes!).
But, but ... all that stuff about not frgetting the heart, and both Yasu and Battler disliking heartless tales where the motive isn't very satisfying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
I remember Erika being discounted from everyone else at some point, because she wouldn't be able to use her seals on the doors if she wasn't. I don't recall where exactly in the text that is though.
I think I found it ... it's right after she leaves the room Hideyoshi is in ... she breaks into Meta to immediately confirm locations, and to put it all together, she says "Excluding Kinzo and myself, there are 17 humans, whose locations are as such." Agreeing that her location was just, y'know, obvious. And she has to exist in some way, or we can't have all her shenanigans in the Guest Room later which are confirmed in red. The real snake has always been that other small bit, "If Battler had been told to repeat that Krauss, Rudolf, Kanon, Genji, Godha and Jessica were in the cousin room, he would've done so", 'cause we all know damn well he would NOT have done so.

Also, I remember seeing that vid awhile ago ... I remember thinking he made alot of faulty assumptions ("Rosa kinda sorta LOOKS like Beatrice, right?"), but at least it was sort of interesting at least in it's thoroughness. Also, some time ago, when I thought about who I would most easily ACCEPT as the culprit, it WAS Rosa, so ... hey.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote