View Single Post
Old 2012-09-07, 19:04   Link #189
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
No. It has to do with people complaining about shoddy writing over Rin, when they should know very well that the full explanation must involve Madara. And seeing as how we haven't yet heard how Madara was involved, how can we say if the writing is bad or not?
Because there is no possible way that Kishimoto can resolve all the inconsistencies he has now presented. He has written himself in a corner, and we will just be expected to ignore whatever contradicts the final explanation, as we have many times before.

When you have people here claiming "well Tobi couldn't have said that/done that because then the viewers would know who he is so he had to lie" then that's bad writing, unless Tobi knows he's a character in a manga.

And finally, it's just dumb. It may be just my opinion, but the general feel and writing quality of Naruto seems to have declined enormously over the years, especially since the beginning of Part 2. I mean, it's a shounen - I'm not expecting a masterpiece, I have really low expectations, and I'm just reading it for a bit of pleasure, not for enlightenment or a great story. But more and more I'm starting to wonder if Kishimoto has just jumped ship and doesn't care anymore, and maybe makes his assistants or interns write the story. Too many things happen now just for fanservice or because it would be too hard to write it in a sensible way, because it would have required planning. As a great example of this, take the recent chapter where Juugo and Suigetsu are wandering around in the middle of nowhere and JUST HAPPEN to blow a hole open into a secret Orochimaru hideout they didn't know about that JUST HAPPENS to have a scroll with forbidden knowledge so dangerous it could be used to singlehandedly rule the world or whatever.

What?

EDIT: Regarding long-haired Tobi versus short-haired Tobi, I do expect an explanation for this one, and I think I've said before that maybe long-hair is Madara and short-hair is Obito, but remember that Kisame recognized them as the same person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
That is the biggest problem there. If Obito acted because of emotions he should show some emotions while trying to kill his former sensei. But there's not any trace of emotion, Tobi is perfectly calm and kills people in cold blood. Tobi is the complete opposite of Sasuke, that is he shows no emotion while killing people he knows. So what did Madara and/or Zetsu do to Obito to create a cold blooded killing machine from a "good boy". Whatever happened it happened in only a couple of years, before Tobi's attack on Konoha. And Rin's death doesn't fit in that very well. Maybe Zetsu was sent out to spy on Kakashi, and he recorded the event where Rin died and Kakashi failed to protect her, and then played it back to Tobi/Obito just like he did with the Sasuke-vs-Itachi battle. But even then one would not expect that Madara appeals to Obito's emotions while he is just working hard on destroying any emotion Obito has and make of him a killing machine.

Another thing that i don't understand is how could Madara be around when Obito "died" if Madara already implanted his eyes into Nagato and died. Is Obito somehow older than Nagato? I thought Nagato was older than Obito and Kakashi, but now i can't make sense of it...
This is a good point that cannot be explained away unless Tobi was lying about Nagato for no reason or Madara wandered around eyeless for many years and Tobi took credit for what Madara did. Nagato should have been somewhere around 40, much older than Kakashi and Obito, since he belonged to Minato's generation.

Last edited by Shining Celebi; 2012-09-07 at 19:19.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote