View Single Post
Old 2012-10-22, 10:13   Link #3583
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Oh yay, so some starchild, which is just another character in the series and thus can be wrong making him the worst of Bioware's mouthpieces, says that and it's word of god? Even though, again, rannoch already proves him wrong? And they even give us the control ending to tell the reapers to piss off?

There's rational dislike, and then there's mindless rage, and I think you crossed that line long ago.
Uh not really.

Your forgetting that the Starchild is very old so logically speaking he has eons upon eons of evidence that points towards it.

Plus, as the Levaithans who are pretty much the apex in organic species noted, whenever their subjects created synthetics, no matter what, the synthetics ended up destroying them. Then you add in Javik and his experiences.

So yes regardless of what we see in Rannoch, Bioware has more or less established that there will always be conflict between organics and synthetics.

It's a shame because Shepard could've used the quarian vs. geth thing to show otherwise but they didn't bother with it at all. To Bioware, it would only be a matter of time before conflict erupted between the two (I mean Tali notes how the Geth were uploading into their suits....doesn't that sound familiar to what happened in Javik's era?)

Quote:
That still leaves us stuck with the details. Are the reapers playing watchdog/big brother? What's the political climate? Are the geth dead? Are the quarrian dead? Are the last of the krogan out for human blood or sitting on a rebuild empire?

I'm not saying Bioware can't make a sequel, I'm saying that if Bioware chooses to do so, they're going to have to start making choices about which parts of the Mass Effect games are canon. A prequel or a game that takes place in the ME1 and 2 timeframe (which is several years, mind you) is a lot less troublesome, since the events there are a lot easier to deal with or outright ignore.
They could easily send the Reapers into dark space just to keep an eye on things from afar and out of the affairs of the galaxy. I mean they could easiliy do that hundreds of years later when Reapers become a myth as they are no longer seen.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote