View Single Post
Old 2009-07-31, 01:48   Link #53
Lio
Presence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylaran View Post
Stress, dissatisfaction, or the state of being "fucked up" is already questionable in description if the behavior is presumed to be irregular based on previously established norms (that are themselves of curious origin). If stress is natural, then why is it generated because of a conflict with human nature? And what's wrong with dissatisfaction with life if the current system of living life has its flaws? If it's possible to feel both anxiety for both living and not living life in accordance with society's rules, then doesn't that say something about how an individual's true nature is not defined by either? Rather than being an affirmation of what is understood as integral to the human experience, it becomes an issue worth looking deeper into.

Finding that the actions of the man in the article as unacceptable could very well be a product of societal expectations - and not necessarily human nature - which in turn means some (such as myself) come to personally object the idea that these individuals are complete wackos that may need help.

As others have said before me, an acceptance of irregular (harmless) behavior is the best way to go, in my consenting opinion. Mostly for the reason that it may further shed light on our understanding of the relationship of the individual with society, it is better to not hastily brand such actions as problematic.
Well, the reason the current system of living life has flaws is because society as a whole is disconnected from human nature (what I call wisdom). Not many people know that there is a way out though. How many people do you know who are completely free and happy, who are totally unconstrained by societal expectations? And I mean really, satisfied. I'd say less than 1% of the population are truly free and happy. It seems to me they're out of touch with their nature. And the 1%? They're not the people with alot of "stuff." People are brainwashed by society into believing they need "stuff" to be happy. That's what I mean by people who are out of touch with their nature. Your natural state of being is free, is happy, is satisfied.

There's nothing problematic about people with irregular harmless behavior, and of course accepting their harmless behavior is the sensible thing to do. I'm saying that what you might call "irregular behavior" is really the result of being lost in technology (both physical and societal) and losing touch with basic human nature, your natural state of being.

If he's disenchanted by reality but not oblivious of it, if he'd like to get married but lives the life he does... it's obvious to me but, something's out of harmony wouldn't you say?
Of course, there's nothing wrong with that.
Lio is offline   Reply With Quote