Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-23, 04:30   Link #1665
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
True. They could've also easily taken some money from some of their show off scenes to invest in things that actually mattered. Cause let's face it, things like Yata's ep1 skateboarding is really pretty but it's just unnecessary and plain showing off.
Oh, but that was episode 1. That's supposed to be the one to hook viewers/foreign buyers with, they can't spare any money on that one.

It's not like the overall animation is bad, though, so I don't really mind. The only glaring problem is this stupid clan war, but I think even that is, partly, due to the writers/ep directors sucking at doing crowd action scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I like this series...don't get me wrong...but it's like a whole bunch of marketing execs got together in one room and hammered things out:
Yeah, that was my impression from ep 1. And I think something like that actually happened, given that this is the production team's first big project and they probably wanted to do everything to make it popular. But unlike many other shows of its kind, K turned out to have a surprising amount of self-awareness, heart and a sense of humor that saved it from being just another "by the numbers" show.

But I guess there are two things the production team should keep in mind with their next project:

1) either douse your viewers in exposition or label your show as "requires actually paying attention to what is being said and shown"
2) either put up huge, blinking "NO HOMO" signs when two male characters are within 2 meters of each other, or start each episode with a warning that says "contains scenes that may make you feel insecure in your manly heterosexuality, if this happens stare at the naked girl in the ending animation"

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-12-23 at 04:45.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote