View Single Post
Old 2006-07-02, 07:38   Link #183
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Well Question, I'll try to explain it for you.

Which of these do you think will make more money for Geneon Entertainment (who are the publishers of the music for Fate, and produced the anime)?

Release hikari and... whatever the episode 24 ED is called on the Fate/stay night OST, as full (or hey, perhaps half) tracks and hope the inclusion will move more copies.

Or....

Release the Fate/stay night OST in full confidence that 95% of the anime fans (probably higher) who intended to buy it will do so without caring that hikari and Alternate ED are not included. Release a Jyukai first album, with hikari, and a Saichi Tanaka first album, with the episode 24 ED, in the expectation that all of the fans who really wanted a copy of that song will then go forth and buy said album to get the song.

I'm going to come down on the side of answer two. Quite frankly, they know they will ship thousands of copies of the OST regardless of the inclusion of the two special ED songs. And they also know that fans of the show, and of the music, can be counted on still wanting those special ED songs even when they aren't on the OST. Ergo, they can milk even more yen out of those fans by releasing the songs on albums - maybe even on special singles. Hell, after the two singers have released the singles, they'll then release their albums which include (in Jyukai's case, fill in Saichi Tanaka's yourself ^^) Anata ga Ita Mori, hikari, and say eight other tracks - this is to scoop up the people who wanted both ED songs but didn't want to buy the singles. Then? About four months later, will come the 'Tribute to Fate/stay night' special OST, which will include the 'Best Of' tracks from the animation OST, maybe a piece or two of music that might have been missed out from the animation OST (again, draw in more fans!), and the TV size versions of the special EDs - after all, they aren't available yet right?

Welcome to capitalism. It's a fun place to be. Now, get back in line behind me, whilst I wait for my hikari single and my unnamed ED single and my Jyukai album and my Saichi Tanaka album and my Best Of Fate album.

That's how I know it will happen, or at least some of it. Because there are people like me. ^_^

-Andiyar