Thread: Beelzebub
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-08, 16:43   Link #2154
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Beelzebub srsly needs to become a constant top3 member of WSJ.
It's current state of 120+ chapters, all of which are made of pure win, should justify that. Unlike certain retard mangas that have art belonging to a museum rather than manga, but storywise suck like an occupied slut shouldn't even be up there.
Bleach is still awesome. One Piece is too (although the art sucks now). There's nothing really wrong with Naruto but I never got into it, story and world never clicked with me.

Beezlebub doesn't have the best art but it's got kickass characters and a sarcastic sense of humor (kinda like Gintama).

Frankly my top three Jump favs are ONE PIECE/Bleach (tied at 1) then Beezlebub at Three (used to be Bakuman but Zebub is more fun to read)

Anyways, it's not a huge thing but one thing I love about the way Tamura is going with this is he KEPT THE DELINQUENTS FIGHTING IN SCHOOL ANGLE. He's just shoe horned, En's beef with Furuichi and Behemoth's squad into the whole mess.

To me this ups the appeal twice as much because it's not doing the hackneyed (go off into Demond World and fight in tournament style) drudgery that most shonens do. Beezlebub IS school yard punkery to me, the demons stuff is on the side, he kept that in check and that is AWESOME.

I wonder how much longer that homeroom teacher has till retirement.

Oh yea, TITS (ROFL).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote