Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-16, 00:28   Link #21461
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

That article on Mexico is so deluded of reality... It misses the most obvious point on Mexican conflict.

The reason why Mexico is in the mess it is today is because of 2 things:

1: After a bloody struggle, Colombia has finally managed to kick out most of its drugs lords out of the country. It still produces drugs, but no where near at the rate it once did ten years ago. Colombia was in the same bad shape as Mexico is now, if not worse, back then.

The drug cartels migrated to the next most logical target, Mexico, and now that country got a taste of what Colombia was like 10 years ago.

2: As long as drugs are deemed illegal the vicious cycle will go on. I am sure Mexico will manage to get its crisis under control, but then another country will become the next major drug hub. My money is on Bolivia; that country will provide an excellent environment for the drug cartels to flourish should Mexico become too unstable for them.

In conclusion, so long as there is a demand in the US, someone will provide the supply. The war on drugs in the biggest failure in history. It has ruined many countries, many lives, created organized crime and gangs, and it hasn't solved any problems.

I am very sure, that government officials and corporations in the US are also under the influence of drug money. After all illegal drugs is the 3rd most profitable business in the world after OIL and arms. In other words, there is a good incentive to keep the "war on drugs" going.