View Single Post
Old 2013-06-03, 05:05   Link #105
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
My perspective somewhat disagree with this! I guess for series like this murderer and victims are the biggest spoilers that people want to avoid.

I was spoiled regarding the first death, which is actually what got me interested. What I found really successful in this series is not the game play or tricks, it's the motive and the character building; this is something that most people don't bother spoiling (while the "main plot" takes too much effort to spoil without having to explain a whole lot of other crap). I'm about done with the first game and I still cannot accept that first death and a lot of the subsequent ones ...

The tricks are nothing new if you're a fan of the mystery series (and honestly the investigation part will literally give you every single clue needed and the judgment part will guide you step by step), if you play this with another person I guarantee you can solve each one with 90+ score even on hard on the first playthrough (ok maybe except that stupid Machine Gun part), even by yourself you can get near perfect on normal.

I think even if I knew all the killers and victims beforehand I could still enjoy this a lot, which sets this apart from much of the other mystery series. Obviously this is not to say go ahead and spoil yourself, but you don't have to be that cautious imo!
Spoiler for Just to be cautious, the comments are kind of OT refering to the game and the mechanics:

Also, in regards to the caution, I was really talking about the... To put it in a metaphor, "the end of the threads" than individual cases. Those sites can spoil the last 1/4 part of the game easily lol, which can take away some of the expressions

... Hopefully I diluted the exact specific details of spoiling level there. I think I did, anyway...
Quote:
Supposedly, the tickets for the pre-screening was sold out within 1 minute. I honestly hope this does well for a sequel because series 2's VAs are even more ridiculous .

There will be a spin-off by Kitayama Takekuni focusing on Kirigiri's "past", which I'm also very excited about. The "Castle" series from Kitayama's very, very good. The trick from the 3rd book (Alice Mirror) is absolutely great, kept me guessing with no clue whatsoever until the very end (and even at the end I could not solve it until later). Highly recommended even if you just read this one.

Hopefully this spin-off will just be as amazing. This is definitely my most anticipated series for the summer.

Ah yeah, was thinking of mentioning the ridiculous sold out pre-screening ticket, too busy with RL at the moment ;ヮ; No more going crazy with uni majors this year orz It REALLY sold out under 1 minute lol, because my cousin (er, my cousin's friend to be exact) actually told me that she actually was typing like crazy fast and yet still can't get the ticket. F5 was included.

Really, the fandom is a dedicated bunch. Now to see whether the anime can live up to its fans expectation, with how DeSu2 is... Um, well...? A-At least we know that in this one, Kodaka is supervising the script as well as opposed to DeSu2's non-information (as far as I know)?

And thanks for mentioning the spinoff! I'll definitely miss Kodaka's over the top, anime-esque description (no kidding, I can't explain it but... His description is very easy to imagine in "anime-way", compared to even LoveCom light novels. if you get what I mean ), but with the writer, Kirigiri's spinoff will be very interesting, to say without spoiling XD

Right, I should stop running away from my studies and go make more notes in the final one week... Erk.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2013-06-03 at 07:07. Reason: Putting kind of off-topic? comments to spoiler box
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote