View Single Post
Old 2012-01-06, 20:04   Link #11
kitten320

You ask for legendary but not damn popular one? A bit confusing for me because I know some really awesome anime that can't be missed but they are not popular and then I know damn popular anime that are crap =/

I'll try to list the middle and shows about which I heard a lot before watching and then liking them:
Air* - if you don't mind drama and something more down to earth.

Angel Beats* became very popular the moment they started to air, I delayed my watch at first but then got really into it.

AnoHana had probably become a new recent star, watched it when it was airing and right now it is quiet well known and is suggested a lot.

I'm sure you heard about Berserk* at least once. Delayed my watch for more than a year and now regret it because it really was a good series. Movies are coming out soon.

Not ever hearing about Clannad* would be shameful.

Claymore* another big title that was a surprise for me.

Code Geass* an interesting mecha show with anti main character just like in Death Note.

Elfen Lied was my second anime ever watched and its title is still mentioned a lot. However, it is very gory and has a lot of nudity but no hentai.

Fate series became very popular. My suggestion of order is: Fate/Stay Night -> Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade work -> Fate/Zero. Fate/Zero is the best though and it is a prequel but if you watch it first, Night series will lose all positives. Movie is better to watch after Night series because it is alternative version where beginning was shortened a lot and might be confusing without watching TV series.

Full Metal Panic is a mecha show, don't like mecha myself but this one was really good.

GTO* can't be missed. It has some very memorable characters especially Onizuka and Urumi Kanzaki.

Inuyasha* is a childhood show for many people which I personally consider good.

Of course Madoka Magica* can't be missed either.

Kanon2006*, kept hearing about it almost as much as about Clannad.

Kept hearing about Shiki* a lot after it finished airing.

Soul Eater are popular shounen series.

Steins;Gate* is a new star about which people keep talking. Involves time travel.

Hope I got it right.
Shows with * are standing strong on my list for one or another reason, mostly because they made me feel for characters. Though Elfen Lied is strong on that aspect too and AnoHana wasn't bad either.