View Single Post
Old 2016-03-21, 22:23   Link #19
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Well, I've never seen Pokemon, but I suppose Pokemon is quite action oriented given the genre. Action scenes have never been the strong point of this adaption, so perhaps it can never have that level of action.
The point of my Pokemon comparison is the irony. Pokemon is an anime series for kids with its often simplistic Pokemon fights that feel like its game counterpart (turn-based). But at its best efforts (usually during final tournaments or so), the fights are intense, exciting and even (in limited cases) suspenseful thanks to good execution from using the right BGM, timing and constant momentum-building with the fights, and no long pauses where the fighters just standing to talk or wait for the other party to attack. That’s something the fight in this episode (both in human form and kaijuu form) failed to deliver to me. And it’s supposed to be one of the best fights in this supposedly epic-fantasy series (if not the best).

Quote:
But for the BGM, it's probably a problem of the BGM volume control. Because it's one of the most matching music for a final battle. The rhythm is intense, have a sense of large scale battle, and the melody matches the kind of mythology in the story. Actually it was the music for fighting Vurai in the game. So it's more likely the volume isn't enough to match the battle scale.
Volume control might be a problem. And I get that music-penchant is subjective, but there’s also some awkward BGM pausing/stopping during the fights which I think killed whatever momentum it has built.

Quote:
adaption
I frequently encounter this kind of mistakes these days. It’s either “adaptation” or “adoption”. Please choose one and not fuse it together .