View Single Post
Old 2012-06-02, 14:01   Link #32
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
As someone who almost strictly plays RPGs, it does matter. That's one less flagship series off consoles, which implies that the RPG market is starting to sour and isn't profitable enough to keep up with development costs.
As Kaisos Erranon implies, that has more to do with only the best-selling games being profitable due to development costs for home consoles amounting to a small fortune nowadays.
Quote:
I dunno, it's just I've been sad every since they had to downgrade Vakyria Chronicles sequels to the handhelds.
See, I don't think a series being moved to a handheld console has to be seen as a "downgrade". Sure, the graphics won't be as good, but what really matters is the quality of everything else, which isn't necessarily at risk there. Handheld games's budgets are smaller which allows for more risk and thus potentially better decisions which means potentially better games than if it had been on a home console.

I really don't like the implication that handheld games are lesser games. The DS, if nothing else, should have proved by now that excellent games are possible on handhelds as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone
And there's eye strain to deal with.
You mean big screens don't cause eye strain?
Quote:
Handhelds are also a lot heavier then game controllers
*weighs his Game Boy Advance*
*weighs his DS Lite*
*weighs his Classic Controller Pro*
*weighs his Xbox 360 controller*

That's not true. What handheld console were you using as reference? The Sega Game Gear?

As for comfort, the advantage of handheld consoles is that you can play them anywhere in whatever pose and at whatever place you're most comfortable with.