View Single Post
Old 2012-11-18, 20:28   Link #796
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I like to see what has people talking around mid-season, and choose a show or two to pick up. Sakurasou is unusual in that it is probably the first mid-season pickup I've ever done of a show I'd already tried, but dropped after a single episode.

The advice I got was "You need to get to episode 3, trust me." Had I not been told this, I can guarantee I'd never have made it that far. I have never seen a show that tried so hard to keep me from watching it. The first two episodes were like a moat, diligently protecting Sakurasou from... well... me, for one. It took me 2 evenings of start/stop viewing to slog through those two episodes, because I had to keep pausing to process how much I disliked the entire cast, and wanted nothing more than for awful things to happen to them. Was it just me?

Naturally, the story has a happy ending. After surviving that unforgiving barrier to entry, I have reached the warm, gooey center, and oh, it is delicious. I remain utterly baffled (from a marketing standpoint, at least) by how brutally unlikable the cast was portrayed as at the beginning, but all is forgiven now.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote