Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-27, 16:24   Link #25981
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Iran's conflict is unavoidable. The pessimistic side of me thinks that they will form some sort of coalition with North Korea, subvert Iraq, take over Pakistan and Kuwait then try to conquer Saudi Arabia. Iran probably has the most powerful and advanced military in the Mideast in terms of brute force and strength in numbers, so I don't see why they don't snap and whack when they are pushed into a corner.

And North Korea will probably form some sort of Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact with China, overrun SK, and while China stalls the 7th Fleet they make a trip to Japan.

It is only this time round's nuclear war, Iran will be wiped off the face of the Earth alongside Afghanistan and Iraq as world powers become desperate in stopping the conflict.
As much as I hate to say it, I am inclined to agree with you SaintessHeart.
The Obama administration's foreign policy is just a continuation of George Bush's, and that is infuriating to me.
It shows that--as you pointed out--a war with Iran is coming and I wish Americans would wake up and realize that it doesn't have to be this way.
However, if we get too entangled in that region, we will be in a world of hurt because I don't see other countries with interests in Syria and Iran just sitting by and letting the United States invade those two countries.
The business interests on both sides of this issue need to be denied their desire to attack Syria and Iran.
Don't ask me how, other than trying to get statesmen and women elected to the congress (doesn't matter which party) who will put a stop to this.
Failing that I fear we are looking at the potential for a major conflict: though I won't go so far as to call it a world war.

Reminds me of this video made by an Iraq War protestor years ago (love the song also ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
We also have a naval facility in Syria.
via wiki
Thank you for that information Konart.
That clarifies a great many things about why the Russian navy has warships there.
So besides the business interests, Russia also a military interest in Syria.
The US needs to get it's nose (meaning the CIA) out of that country right now.

I believe it was George Washington who said "Beware of Entangling Alliances" and he was right.