View Single Post
Old 2004-10-15, 00:33   Link #67
haleguu
LOLICON

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
I have a humorous story behind the "Not E-F" thing Basically it stems from the fact that Devilray (guy who started Elite-Fansubs) was pretty vocal and such and had some "enemies" in Anime-Fansubs. So it was a few people associated with Anime-Fansubs and some of the original people who worked on Vandread: 1st Stage for E-F who did the "Not E-F" version of Vandread: 2nd Stage. And yes, they literally labeled the files and subtitled them as NOT E-F LOL!

Now the real irony behind this was one day that I joined #anime-fansubs (they were my first digisubs watching their Love Hina, and I stayed out of problems Devilray had) so one guy in there made the comment he was downloading NOT E-F Vandread2 because he thought the Vandread1 from E-F was really bad. The irony being of course, that the people responsible for E-F Vandread1 were the ones making NOT E-F Vandread2. So the guy was actually downloading from the people who he thought did a bad job ^^

I don't know if I would really call it group politics. It was definitely a personal problem of Devilrays that the rest of the group didn't share in.

So even back then you had debates over quality
I don't know the exact truth of this, but a former A-F member (this was a long time ago), told me how the whole A-F and E-F beef first started. The beef was mainly between A-F and devilray (but as lomeando stated, hatred for devilray was widespread - Anime-Kissaten, HQA, AnimeFactory, AnimeINC, etc. It all started because devilray wanted to be part of Anime-Fansubs when they first started out, but he failed their timing test or editing test, I forgot, and devilray got mad or I guess just went off and started his own group instead.

Been following fansubs for awhile, it's also weird how everyone in many of the fansub groups of before progressed. For instance, crustol was an editor for Anime-Kissaten, now worldy famous translator. Also, many members of the labeled "shitty" groups of before are now part of groups that are considered high quality.

I still remember babyneko too, I remember loae getting all worked up when someone pointed out babyneko did her 100something episode translation. Loae always had to point out he did far more LOL. I also remember all the drama with babyneko...but thats whole different story.
haleguu is offline   Reply With Quote