Thread: EVE Online
View Single Post
Old 2010-05-10, 08:59   Link #148
Ending

@ Sheba

Ransoming can be fun for some, but that's not what I wanted from Eve. That's for dirtbags. But really: while it's possible, most of the time it's about 1v1000 instead of 1v1 with a lot of boring roaming in between.

I know covert ops are for scouting. Thing is... any alt can scout. During my time in A-VILQ, before Sylph Alliance disbanded, pretty much everyone and their granny simply parked their covert ops alt in the desired system and when they were needed they simply changed account. Hence no one really needed a dedicated covert ops pilot. Hence no one was willing to pay me iskies of doing the job for them and my primary profession became a time- and money-sink. >.>

I also know that wormholes are somewhere in the upper echolons, but that's beside the point. The point is that, as a scout, my job was to scan for sites and let others know of anything valuable. That's it -and it's not enough, because again it's something anyone can do. I found it disappointing that Eve resorts to something as lame as out-of-nowhere WTFPWN'ing mobs to stop us scouts from doing what we should be able to do. This restricts salvaging and hacking to battleships only.
Quote:
But I know for sure that CCP is SLOWLY working to make the game better.
Sure. Or worse, remembering what you said about RO It will be too late for me anyway, since -incidentally- I'm thinking of trying RO next.

Quote:
I don't call a game a failure when its fanbase and player base had been steadily increasing over the years--
I do not represent anyone but myself and my opinion is that Eve Online is a boring game. Just saying that it could be a lot better and the folks at Zero Punctuation agree.

Quote:
Yes, it is a ruthless and heartless game, driven by sharks, raptors, sociopaths and potential pedophiles. And you, the new player, are the Little Red Hood.
You are painting a romantic picture about the game. It's true too, which is why I have abided the boredom for six months. Yet the problem stays the same: the road to becoming any of these is a boring one and that makes it a bad game.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote