View Single Post
Old 2007-09-26, 23:40   Link #100
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I personally didn't find the Motorrad Fleet to be that goofy. Why waste missiles and beam energy to blow up buildings when those beams and missiles can be fired at enemy mechs while the ships just crush everything under-tire? It worked great for that first city they hit after they landed on earth, then they just blow up whatever is off their course with missiles like they did with that church.
To be honest, it's the kind of plan that I'd expect Marvin the Martian to come up with . If we looked at it from a practicality point of view, the Motorrad Fleet fails in all sorts of ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
What's wrong with Victory's visuals?
wingdarkness already covered most of my points, but I think that there's also a certain lack of polish to Victory that isn't really present in most of the other Gundam shows. It's as if they were being too unsubtle about hiding a budgetary/production shortfall. This is a likely explanation since this came at a time when Sunrise was in poor financial shape, which lead to Bandai buying them up. I generally don't care that much about the visual quality of a show, so while it's a little unusual for me to notice it in Victory, it doesn't really bother me either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
However, from what I've seen of that era (1990-1993) I have to say I can hardly remember any TV anime that was actually animated well (maybe someone can enlighten me though). The 80's were a bit of a renaissance for anime in general, and IMO many of the shows actually had better animation than those of the early 90's.
That's right around when the Japanese bubble burst, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise that a lack of funds in the general economy was reflected by a lack of budget for anime as well.