View Single Post
Old 2012-03-01, 08:38   Link #270
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post

plain about is why did he stop his hand and not kill Arisa, which was against his believes.
Its pretty obvious why he stopped and why he called himself weak. He loved his granddaughter there was no doubt about that majority of the things he did was to insure her safety, but instead she joined the very organization that is the cause of Japan's suffering to him that was unforgivable it was a betrayal. But his love for her is what made him stop which is why he stated he had gotten weak. It is no easy thing to kill your own blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post

Maybe you should read more comprehensively before going into a rant about whether or not I understand the samurai code (it's code by the way not codex and for that matter, for all those people who rant about the samurai code in this topic, are you samurais? Or taken a japanese history class? If not, then wtf do you know about the samurai code as well) or whether I'm complaining about how grandpa should have killed arisa.
I have taken Japanese history and continue to study it today samurai codes were simple yet complex and in a matter of honor within the family it was not unheard of for wives or children to kill themselves to maintain honor within the family and it was not unheard of for them to ask for help in killing themselves in a way this is what Arisa's grandfather felt he was doing. I dont think its a big deal and i do agree that no one should bitch at you about it.