View Single Post
Old 2007-08-29, 18:06   Link #10
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
Well the CD should have finalized once it poped out of the tray. Any CD/DVD program automatically finalizes the disc . . . just sometimes it has an error and cuts short, therfore making the CD not readable . . .
Untrue, the disc will not be finalized if it is being set up for a multisession. I don't know if it's the standard for the discs to be finalized by default, but if you use Nero, the default is to have a multisession. I think the program only offered to finalize it for you if you had to overburn in order to fit all of your data on the disc.

Using Nero, you can finalize a disc that has mutliple sessions. I don't know whether all CD/DVD ROM drives will be able to view all of the multisessions - they should be able to. At the very least, you'll get to see something, and/or any corruption errors should disappear.

Quote:
So if you are asking if you can stick a CD (that has already been burned) into a program to finalize it, you can't. Once the CD is burned (if it is not a RW) then that is it and it should have been closed. Re-writable discs are the only ones that can be erased and re-used an that is what I love about them, if the disc doesn't burn properly I can just erase any data and start over
Just to clarify, multi-session does NOT erase previous data. Multi-session means that you can burn data to a disc, and then later, during a different session, come back and write more data to that disc.