View Single Post
Old 2008-01-28, 19:23   Link #677
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I don't know... it seems to me to be pretty clear that all three girls have the hots for Shin at various levels, so it really is just a love square in disguise; in fact it's probably not disguised at all.

Also, I know there's a debate and nothing's been said conclusively, but I didn't doubt for a moment that Hiromi likes Shin. Why are people getting the impression that she likes "Number 4," like, seriously? I mean, this is anime romance. The signs are pretty easy to read, really, and all signs point towards her lovin' on the osananajimi boy. After we're treated with cold Hiromi in episode 1, the show's been nothing but Hiromi opening up; her jealousy at Noe is well portrayed; the "revelation" about "Number 4" was obviously a lie; the reaction after at the end of episode 3 a far more dramatic scene (why would *she* look positively shocked when she saw Shin right after if she doesn't care what he thinks about her romantically?); in episode 4, after briefly "expanding" on that lie in a very dry and fake manner, she proceeded to try to apologize to him all episode, and was near tears when Shin returned the favor. All in four episodes. IMO, it doesn't get more obvious than that [well, actually, it does, but True Tears seems like a far more subdued show than the rest of the lot in everything so...].
Yes, as much I would have loved this not to be the case, it seems very obvious Hiromi has romantic feelings for Shin. The camera didn't "dare" to show her face from up front when she explained why she liked number four, rather clear sign that she was lying or at least not saing the whole truth. And all those awkward moments with Shin in the house cannot be all coincidences or explained in a different way, IMO. Well, maybe they can but considering the genre of the series, I don't think so.

I really could do without all the incest hints in the show, though. Or without Noe.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote