View Single Post
Old 2008-09-28, 22:27   Link #1966
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I just read a blog, and I had never thought of it before, but Lelouch's death was actually foreshadowed back in Episode 24, when Lelouch ordered Schneizel to obey "Zero" instead of "me/Lelouch". I can't believe I didn't see it before, but now that I think of it, it was quite brilliant... the Zero Reqiuem had been decided a LONG time before the final episode... I'm sure Lelouch had decided on this path before they even left the World of C. I think that's why lelouch was so uncertain when he discovered Nunnally was still alive. He knew he was going to die, but Nunnally's presence made him hesitate because he knew of their obvious mutual attachment. However, I'm glad that he kept on his "mask" until the very end.

Anyway, I have additional reasoning that supports Lelouch being dead. If Lelouch was really immortal, and suddenly got up and left the scene, I think people would notice that his corpse was gone. I mean, really. They aren't stupid after all. Not to mention I imagine that Nunnally was clutching him for a long time afterwards... she seems to be very perceptive, and given how she can tell if people are lying by holding their hand, I'm sure she would be able to tell if Lelouch were really dead or not. Her grief was about as real as it can get. Additionally, I'm sure they disposed of his body properly, like burning/cremating it. I don't think they would build a shrine to him and place his body in there intact.