View Single Post
Old 2010-08-04, 20:41   Link #270
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-That's like asking the age old question: what came first, the chicken or the egg? You can go in circles forever .
The egg came to be long before chickens came about. I mean what else did dinos hatch from?

Now in all seriousness I feel "sources" should stay out of this... Keep it simple; they are, they where once made by man long ago, now they are be perfected as weapons by new men for evil purposes. Simple and relevant, if the "source" is ever brought up people will ask where did the dragons come from then whether or not yoma are made from dragons (and if they are people will ask why the dragons side with humans but the yuma just run wild). I find this plot point lame and having been done by countless other stories... so for the love of god Yagi don't touch this plot angle. Let sleeping dogs lie, this will just get far too messy if you dwell on origins any more than already having been done. Lets focus on the characters lives, the present, and the future and leave out all the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-But really, a Dragon-kin being the source of Yoma and Claymores is just an idea. I doubt its really true considering how hyped they were by Miria's hypothesis. The sheer fact that their power requires the use of Awakened beings raises the question of how could the Organization even get it. But if the Dragon-kin is the source, and the Organization uses it for Yoma production, then you know they'd have it stashed somewhere where only the head honcho of the Organization can get to it. Which means Rubel wouldn't be alble to tell Miria everything and she wouldn't be able to find this secret out without getting too close to the handler's suspicions.
Now as pure speculation about what this trump card might be I find "the source" as far better than Raki (unless we find out the timeline given to us is very off, which seems implausible based on no one commenting about the new powers they sense out west).

I personally am more inclined to lean towards it being something new which Miria. Lets face the launch phase of both the soul link twins and AFs is complete... it's now just about perfecting them which requires a smaller research team. So that means the org has had the brain power needed to devote to an even newer line of research for a few years now and that is more than enough time for gen 1 to be ready enough to take on Miria. How effective it will be is another matter...

This is why I put out the idea of a half 1/4 yoma hybrid warrior (like Clare, which I stupidly said was made from Teresa not thinking about how people would react... which obviously cause half the site to flip ) and half AB flesh and blood. The part of this woman that is made from part Claymore flesh and blood should dilute the AF part put into her, enough for her to still have a mind of sort that isn't only thinking about eating but strong enough to be a major threat unlike Clare was at first (hence it could have received some training giving it eve more power and skills). Throw in some nifty abilities like healing, expendable limbs, a swords, super speed and it being a brutal/cold/calculating in a fight as Alicia was and Miria will be fighting for her very life. Now clearly this weapon will have a down side or Rubel would have been forced to act, since his duty is to prevent the org from getting the perfect weapon and to bring about their downfall from within. Maybe he's so happy since Miria's presence will force them to release it

Upon thinking about this I came to realize that if this being is made from half awakened flesh/blood and AB flesh/blood then it should retain even more of it's mind and be even stronger. This is what I think Rubel fears... besides the obvious of Clare on day being able to awaken and retain her mind on her own.