View Single Post
Old 2011-05-22, 19:39   Link #39
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This episode wasn't as stellar as episodes 1 and 2, but gosh, they finally took a step in the right direction. 8.5/10, rounded up to 9/10 for the poll.

Like episodes 1 and 2, episode 8 managed to blend the more comedic aspects of it into the plot, and use it to elevate the dramatic tension, which is not overly serious, but lets you sympathize for Ohana and her situation. This episode actually manages to pull the viewer into the episode and hope the best for Ohana to resolve her situation.

Because after all, if you don't care about the troubles of the characters, then why even watch anything that even tries to be dramatic at all? I especially liked the ending parts of the episode where Ohana fulfilled the expectations of her grandmother, perhaps exceeding them, and brought back the spirit of the customer service she has preached about since the beginning.

She put everyone back in line, and is taking authority in a situation where really, almost everybody is being pretty hopeless.

There's a bunch of dramatic elements ready to just explode in this anime, but that's not even why I thought this episode was good.

I'm looking forward to more of the same, and hope I don't have to endure yet another episode 3 or 7 anytime soon.