View Single Post
Old 2007-05-28, 02:21   Link #296
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Oh wow, I knew GUTB had to join AnimeSuki Nanoha section sooner or later, too bad I've missed all the fun.

I won't bring that theme up again, but as long as I took my time registering an account I just have to start at least a small discussion, so here you go:

Does anyone agree that TSAB completely fails as a decent military/police organization in many aspects? I'll point out some examples:

- S1 - TSAB discovers two underage girls, one of which without even proper training in magic usage, armed with powerful Intelligent Devices and doing Lost Logia hunting, most probably violating several TSAB rules; TSAB actions - in Nanoha case they allow her to keep the device and even cooperate with them further, later ignoring direct insubordination when she's told not to interfere with Fate's multiple Jewel Seed activation; they do nothing about Yuuno going after Jewel Seeds alone ending up with entrusting a dangerous weapon to some random girl and continuing his quest without notifying the higher-ups; they let Fate use her device in the finale without any means to be confident she'll be staying on their side whatsoever.

- S2 - TSAB finds nothing better than to allow Fate, who had not that much time since S1 to earn their full trust, act at her full magic power in a dangerous and delicate case of dealing with the Book of Darkness; when faced by powerful opponents TSAB implements dangerous and unstable upgrades to the girls' devices instead of bringing their own reinforcements; with admiral Graham's treason uncovered he's left practically unpunished on the basis of the case ending without any deaths by some miracle.

- S3 - (here comes Ep.9 so I'm not writing off-topic stuff) I won't mention the issues with RF6 creation and limiters, only direct TSAB failures: Dr.Spaghetti is a wanted criminal for years, yet he's able to conduct researches in huge facilities, mass-produce combat drones and get access to Jewel Seeds without TSAB having a slightest idea about his whereabouts; smuggling Relic-class objects doesn't seem to be a rare occasion; combat drones, some of them being comparable to a tank or a fighter-jet, are able to deploy almost anywhere with TSAB noticing only when they actually start acting (in Ep.9 a whole squadron of flying ones appears all of a sudden - where were they hidden? teleported? where are they produced?); and most recent one I'm not 100% sure due to moonspeak - was the "unknown" entitiy that ambushed Nanoha ever identified and dealt with?

So I come to the conclusion that either TSAB is a totally incompetent organization or there's a really big conspiracy after all of this which is yet to be revealed.