View Single Post
Old 2008-06-06, 11:50   Link #884
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Fate is too moe for me though (seriously, its like you can't say a word without her blushing and stammering -_-; ). Out of all the Nanoha characters, she scores pretty low on my list. I never really liked her at all. I hardly ever fall for the overly cute ones (never batted an eye at Nodoka, for example. Despite her popularity).

Though strangely enough Vivio seems to be an exception to this.
o_o

I don't know about you, but for me, I don't define that as "overly cute". My gut says her lack of social confidence is causing that, and I don't see that as moe, just something I relate to, because I am like that at times... I still remember when I was a bit of a love Syaoran.

You could say that that's why I like Nodoka too...

OK so maybe I'm not completely against moe in general, since some types of moe do endear to me, like the silent moe, inconfident moe; the lesser, not-in-your-face and more balanced types basically.

The kind that makes you feel warm and fuzzy (which is why these are called moe in the first place), but not enough to trigger facepalming. It must be just right.

What annoys me is the "Rein Zwei" over-bubbly cuteness moe type, or any other extreme type...... Leaves a bad taste. And that's what annoyed me of Vivio; it took her background, and her central role in almost all of my Belka theories that won me over. Trust me, once she grows up, she'd be a far cry from the moe blob you guys know. Same growth pattern for even my utterly random Sakura-tan; you'd be surprised how much people can change from when they were children.

I, however, am neutral to psycho moe; Vita neither endears or urks me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
Headline news: 97th non-administrated world creates new form of 'Lyrical' Unison Device through serendipitous accident!

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=6so0J2...eature=related

Newly created device demonstrates impressive abilities:

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=UnpSAM...eature=related

...Or not....anyone in the market for a Lyrical Unison Device?
One little problem: I doubt the "Unisonicity" of this Device is even remotely deserving of the name UD.

But sometimes I wonder, was Lowe thinking of Macross when he invented Lyrical Magic?

Last edited by Kha; 2008-06-06 at 12:02.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote