Thread: Playstation 4
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-01, 04:20   Link #55
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Umm, it's a bit over the top to say we are being punished no?
Considering gaming is not an essential item like clean water and healthcare. As consumer we can simply not buy their product if they do not meet our criteria.
Things don't have to be essential for to be punishments. If the used game market gets eliminated like this, we players won't be able to.. say.. lend out games to friends. If I can't even do that just because some arsehat in a comfy chair decided this is the best way to combat stores, then yes I do feel punished for something I didn't do.

That we can choose not to buy their stuff doesn't really improve things. It leaves us with nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Hehe, i get the feeling someone is still butthurt over ME3. EA aside, Steam is doing very well in this area since you can't trade in your steam games and steam sale are often enough that people who don't mind waiting can still get their game cheaply which imo, is a nice middle ground for publisher and consumer.
I agree with that point. A good service compensates for many discomforts. Cheaper games is the main reason people buy used anyway.

Last edited by Keroko; 2012-04-01 at 11:15.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote