View Single Post
Old 2009-07-11, 10:07   Link #1828
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
Actually I'm also from the Philippines, and I was also one of the first people who kept bashing her singing. Her 7/7 live version of Voices though IMO was pretty good. Ao no Ether in the same concert was also in a deeper tone, and I have heard NO ONE who went to the concert give any bad review of her performance. Her recorded version of Ao no Ether made me very annoyed that I could hardly listen to it without thinking of how flat her voice was.

That given, the effect of Megumi's constant cutesy parade on me is actually numbing. Initially I choked on it, and even hated it, but now I feel as if that's just how her producers want her to be, so we should all let it be and not take it against her personally. Macross F is indeed a well-sold franchise, and if they intend to ride along with its popularity by making her evoke the "feel" of Ranka, then we can't do anything about it.

For her benefit, I still think she's pretty, and I still think that her voice has a lot of potential because of its nice bell tone. But she's no Charice Pempengco
That doesn't stop the whole facade from being just that, absolutely fake. Regardless of whose fault it is to human Ranka-fy her, the end result is a girl who doesn't match cutesy 2D dancing, 2D acting, and a closet that's just half baked >_> Nakajima is pretty, but there are far prettier singers, and she simply isn't cute and petite enough to pull off what she is doing now x_X;

I never went as far as to bash her voice. She's generic, I liked May'N's feat more, but I've never said that she was bad. I even had major freak outs about Dokkun-ings but that's more of a lyric fear not singing.

I didn't even dislike her until her post-frontier videos came out on YT >___>
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote