View Single Post
Old 2009-12-31, 16:57   Link #1823
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
What gives her words more weight in this case?
Absolutely nothing, which was the point I was making. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
There's a difference between thanking someone with a normal smile and something which Zen recognizes as one of her trump cards. Does she need to resort to this when she wants to express her gratitude? NO
Says you. If she wants to use a super cute expression to show her thanks, then she can. If nothing else, it should show just how thankful she is. It's definitely not her trying to manipulate anyone to do something, which you claimed it was.

Quote:
I don't disagree entirely here but it was a reference that there still are occasions where the author draws this face.
Don't add in references that have nothing to do with the discussion. If you're explaining that she's using the face to coerce people, and then you show an example that has nothing to do with that, it makes your argument look weak, and it'll eventually cause others (me) to not bothering to respond to you.

Quote:
This is what i don't understand, who the hell cares if he looked at her or not?
She used a cute face and a sweet voice, didn't she? You asked for proof and you got it. Regardless if he looked at her or didn't... motivated him or not... it's still remains a way to manipulate Zen and she knows that it works on him.
The whole point of making a face is for people to see it. The super cute expression works on people because it's super cute and people see that's it super cute. If he's not looking, and she knows he's not in a position to look, then it doesn't matter. I also didn't make that the point for dismissing that scene. I wanted an example of Medaka using a cute facial expression to get Zen to do something, which you claimed she's done. That scene is not it.

Quote:
http://www.onemanga.com/Medaka_Box/3/15/

She clearly cannot dominate in this situation because she knows she can't handle animals and couldn't stand it that Zen asks Shiranui (a outsider) for help. Therefore she tried again to handle the case despite knowing in the past that each animal couldn't stand her and that failure was likely guaranteed if she approached the dog. Thus she went instead of Zen and Shiranui.
The examples you pulled out only show Medaka's jealousy of Zen and Shiranui being too close. That's not a big secret, or even surprising. Shiranui would very likely steal Zen from Medaka if given the chance, and Medaka is probably aware of this.

I feel like your definition of dominate is a little loose, but whatever. I guess I'll accept that example, since you seem to be trying so hard . . .

Quote:
Yeah right, why would she? Medaka's jealousy of Zen getting too close with any girl hasn't been displayed ever before. Also Shiranui has never displayed any will of taking Zen away from Medaka. I don't know where you pulling that information from.
Why would Shiranui take Zen? Because she likes him? Shiranui doesn't strike me as the type to have close friends, and yet she always seems to be pretty buddy-buddy with Zen. I don't think we've really seen her close to anyone besides Zen and the old guy. She has also expressed a dislike, or maybe flat out hatred, I can't remember, for Medaka. Taking Zen just to piss Medaka off doesn't seem too farfetched for her. I'm not saying she's actively tried in the past, I'm saying she probably would if she had the chance.

Zen doesn't try to get close with other girls. I'd say, front what we've seen, he's closest to Medaka, then Shiranui, then I guess Kikaijima, in that order. Kikaijima, and any other girl, aren't a threat to Medaka and Zen. Shiranui is because she likes him and he likes her. There's a possibility that Zen and Medaka could start hanging out less, and Zen and Shiranui would hang out more if Medaka gave them the chance and Shiranui made the move.

Last edited by DJ Trouble; 2009-12-31 at 17:08.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote